Monday 12 April 2010

A virtual minute with... Apparellel

Checking in with the online fashion community.

 

How long have you been blogging?
I'm a newbie. I started last October, but really only got serious at the beginning of February. I'm always really behind with anything that requires technology.

Where are you based?
Hollywood, CA.

You are a fashion blogger because...
I don't consider myself a fashion blogger; I'm more of a personal style blogger. I have worked as a stylist for 12 years on commercials for middle America and needed an outlet to express my creativity.

What's your blog's unique selling point?
I don't know that there is one. I shoot against a white backdrop because I do want my aesthetic to be consistent, and I want the focus to be on the outfit. I never thought I would have as many followers as I have now, as I honestly was doing this for myself. I have never pushed or sold my blog in any way, so I feel blessed to have readers at all.

What's the most successful thing you've ever posted?
That seems to constantly change. My DIY's seem to be getting quite a bit of attention - I plan on doing a lot more of those in the future.

What are your favourite shops?
I'm not much of a shopper, as I've done it for a living for so long, but I love New High (M)art - my friends' shop in L.A. They are a unique select shop, and are very discreet, which I love. Other than that, I love going to random places on Hollywood Blvd, like the heavy metal shops, stripper stores, etc., to get inspiration. I will forever love flea markets and vintage stores, and of course American Apparel for my staples.

What are your favourite fashion websites / blogs?
I love Bleachblack, they find these hidden nuggets from who-knows-where, and Fashion Gone Rogue for editorials.

What's the future of fashion and the internet?
Obviously a lot of it is going digital, and I see that trend continuing in a big way, which I think is great because it's raising fashion to a more authentic level, where anyone can express their style and inspire the world. And of course, fashion to me is always cyclical - just done a little differently every time around.

http://www.apparellel.blogspot.com/
http://www.twitter.com/apparellel
Spend a virtual minute with another fashion blogger


Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. thanks for this... you are so sweet!

    xxx
    t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely interview! To think I may have never seen this blog otherwise

    Kirstie Marié
    x

    ReplyDelete