Saturday 11 September 2010

A virtual minute with... fashion bloggers Les Berlinettes

Les Berlinettes

Tell The Last Miaow readers a bit about who Les Berlinettes are and where you're based.
Hi, it's written by me, Amandine, and my friend Karen. We are both French and both live/lived in Berlin. Amandine has been in Berlin for three years and Karen for almost two - although she went back to France a few weeks ago.

How did this blog come about? The name, the themes...
I began a blog two years ago, then stopped and wanted to do a new one with a friend, so that we could motivate each other. Karen writes more about music, about French stuff like Kitsuné, Yelle and so on, and I write more about fashion or post some music that I like, etc... We both do interviews with bands that we like. We already have interviews with the Drums, Delphic, First Aid Kit, etc... that you can see on You Tube at www.youtube.com/user/dieberlinettes

Time to name-drop: favourite fashion brands and why?
I love Chloé, Céline, Chanel. I actually love really classic brands or brands that are doing very crazy stuff. Or clothes that are impossible to wear in every day life. I would say, Martin Margiela, Starstyling (a label from Berlin), Louise Goldin, Kermit Tesoro (a designer from the Philippines), with whom we also did an interview.

Favourite websites?
I like to read the french journal Madame Figaro, especially during Fashion Week as they report on just about every show in Paris, New York, Milan and London; you can see each piece of a collection. I like to read blogs. Style blogs like StilinBerlin, The Sartorialist... I also like to watch pictures of the three most famous French bloggers: Alix the Cherry Blossom Girl, Pandora and Le Blog de Betty. Then I read fashion news on fashion blogs and sometimes I have a look on Vogue online, GQ or Glamour, but it's not what I prefer most, as the are so commercial.

Finally, where do you see your blog taking you in future?
I don't know yet. I do the blog because I want a career in fashion and I just want people to see I'm very interested in it.

http://lesberlinettes.wordpress.com/
http://twitter.com/lesberlinettes

No comments:

Post a Comment