Thursday 18 February 2010

Best dressed at NYFW - some thoughts

I love that Marc Jacobs banned famous faces from his show. Does this signal the end of celebrity cultcha? Here are some favourite outfits from NYFW. Who wouldn't want these girls endorsing their brand?

Chloe Sevigny, looking sharp and cool, in black leather. (Btw, I read Alexander Wang's My Stuff feature in Vanity Fair; the guy is obsessed with black, and black leather in particular.)

Charlotte Kemp Muhl, challenging Lady Gaga for most flamboyant dresser title.


Alexa Chung, in some crushed velvet shorts. Joseph Altuzarra featured a lot of velvet in his show (which was reminiscent of Tom Ford's first collection for Gucci). I'm seeing a lot of velvet come autumn.


Kirsten Dunst. I'm not sure about the boulder shoulder - I think those jackets are feeling tired - but I do love her glasses, and she always brings such a nice quality of insouciance to clothes.


Leigh Lezark. I'm not sure if I like the silver with the carefully ripped trousers, but I thought it was nice to see this fashion doll not in a cocktail dress for a change.

All images, Handbag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment