Wednesday 10 March 2010

In which I reach the end of my sunglasses search

Firstly, a big thank you to Misslikey for the shout-out on her blog. The feeling is mutual, of course. In fact, check out her latest post, which has some super duper street style pics.
Next, I wanted to post an update about my sunglasses search, since quite a few of my friends have been helping out: Anatole suggested I try Persol, which is maybe my favourite glasses brand, but actually the frames I looked at there weren't quite round enough. Roz mentioned how the Oliver Peoples O'Malley style I'm after, but can't get hold of, is similar to the Riley frames, also by OP. Kari Alder, the Los Angeles-based Oliver Peoples PR has also been really helpful, even going to the trouble of talking to Garrett Leight, son of OP founder Larry Leight. She had this to say: "[Garrett] has recently opened his own boutique and his inventory currently includes a small number of original O'Malley frames... he will ship internationally." This is his website: http://www.akinneycourt.com/ .
Finally, yesterday I flipped open the April issue of British Vogue (worth buying for the Lara Stone shoot. And why isn't she on the cover?), and they show a pair of sunglasses I had totally forgotten about by Cutler & Gross. They are the perfect shape, and tortoiseshell (Sienna Miller wore a beige pair to the premiere of The September Issue in NYC last year). So there you go! My work here doneSunglasses by Cutler & Gross


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment